Sunday, March 11, 2018

The Power Of Pajamas


It seems that over the past decade there has been a rise in interest in super heroes with many a comic-book character coming to life via a big screen movie and all the accompanying add-ons from action figure/dolls to co-promotions with varying corporate entities.  Or, maybe there has always been an interest in super heroes but it stayed under the radar without the big marketing machine around it.  In any case, I’ve never been too excited by a caped crusader or super powers, per se.  Well, that is until I discovered The Power of Pajamas.

Mind you, I’m not saying that all pajamas are powerful.  But, all of mine are.  I’ve been testing this theory out for the past year finding much delight in both the necessary research and uplifting findings.  There is something that happens when I climb into a pair, whether it be to signal rest time and that sleep is soon to come.  Or, my uniform—of sorts—on the becoming-more-often-rather-than-occasional- Sundays when I trade my overnight pair in for a day-time-lounge-wear pair.

When I’m one with my PJs, it’s fetal pose-like.  Self-soothing, deeply restorative, introspective and delightfully warm and cozy.  There is a release in my physical, emotional and spiritual self that is on par with very little else.  And it’s this physical exhale-like component that seems to activate my own personal pajama goddess.

While wearing my pajamas, I think creative thoughts, am able to have laser-like focus when working on a task, move more gracefully, slowly and languid.  I’m present and more purposeful, in the most laid-back, lost-in-my-own-time/space-pattern-way,

I’ve spent time researching this seemingly off-the-radar pajama clout that I’ve been bestowed with and here is what I’ve come up with:

1.    Professionals often wear a uniform that physically symbolizes their career choice.  So, like a police officer, a car mechanic or a doctor, I don my flannel /cotton gear in representation of self-care.  I can proclaim my sartorial splendor choice as part of one of my career platforms of wellness coach from the perch of any chaise lounge or chair with matching ottoman.

2.    The turtle wore and carried his shell proudly and always made it to the finish line with slow-moving grace and assurance.  Yes, I’ll compare my pajama power now to that of a turtle shell.  Keeping the turtle snug and protected so that he/she could put one foot in front of the other, always forward moving, never hurrying.  Moving slowly behooves all of my processes from the creative to the task and deadline-driven.  Wearing pajamas keeps my speed level at bay.

3.    Pajamas make me happy.  For some it’s shoes and for others it’s handbags; and, there are the jacket and coat people.  Heck, for those super heroes it’s the capes.
        
It took me awhile to sort it out, but my superpowers aren’t all activated by the donning of the PJs. It’s the feeling I have and the states I’m in while wearing them.  Good stuff.




        

No comments: